Cabin Crew Medical
We offer UK & EASA initial and revalidation / renewal medicals including any required routine tests.
If your current/prospective employer has any specific requirements for the medical please contact us before booking to discuss these (including the use of specific examination or reporting forms).
The examination will normally take 30-45 minutes,
Prior to the medical:
- You will receive information on what to bring to your appointment in the booking confirmation.
- If you are aware of any significant personal or family medical history, please include it on the medical questionnaire we will provide.
- If you would like a chaperone during your appointment, please read our chaperone policy prior to booking.
- All applicants under 16 must be accompanied by their parent(s) or legal guardian.
What to expect at your medical examination
The cabin crew medical is quite thorough and your initial exam will include some or all of the following:
- Review of your medical history including family history, results of previous any examinations and whether you have ever been classed unfit
- Physical examination
- Eyesight check including visual acuity, fields and colour vision
- Conversational hearing test
- Urine test for blood, sugars and protein
- Musculoskeletal test including strength and reach assessment
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) (only if clinically indicated)
- Lung function, Haemoglobin and Cholesterol blood tests (only if clinically indicated)
Subsequent renewals/revalidation will focus on your medical history since your previous medical and will only include a general medical exam and additional tests if clinically indicated, or if it is your first appointment with us.
Full details of the medical standards required can be found on the CAA website. While this may seem daunting, it is all rather straightforward and un-stressful.
The revalidation period for a medical report begins 45 days before its expiry date. If you book your medical examination during this period, the validity of your new report will be calculated from its original expiry date. If you renew your medical outside the revalidation period the validity of your new report will be calculated from the examination date.
The pricing for the basic medical is listed below. However, if the applicant has a complex medical history (or if there are indications during the examination that further tests/referrals are needed) then the associated casework is charged by the hour or part thereof.
|UK Cabin Crew Medical Exam – Initial||£125|
|UK Cabin Crew Medical Exam – Revalidation/Renewal||£125|
|EASA Cabin Crew Medical Exam – Initial||£160|
|EASA Cabin Crew Medical Exam – Revalidation/Renewal||£125|
|Referral to a specialist or to the CAA/other licensing authority. Flat fee*||£75|
* Flat fee covers referral letters, correspondence with the licensing authority, review of specialist reports and issuing fit/unfit letters, as required.
Please refer to the full list of fees for other additional checks & procedures.
We normally offer appointments 3-5 days a week, including Saturdays at The Aeromedical Centre, Corris, Rock Road, West Sussex RH20 3BQ. Appointments can be made using our online booking system.